Friday, February 12, 2010

spread the love

Confession: I love Valentine's Day. I don't love the cheesy, stereotypical ads, or the marginalization of single people, or the emphasis on indiscriminate consumption. However, when you scrape all that away, it's just a day to tell people that you love them, and I think that's pretty awesome.
While you're at it this Valentine's Day, how about showing a little love to local businesses? Besides helping the local economy, shopping local can be a great way to find a gift that is as unique as your relationship.
I've been doing a series of Valentine's Day blogs for the South, highlighting interesting places to stay, shop, and play in Savannah. Check it out, and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love your posts at the South Mag site! You are doing a great job and finding cool local events and opportunities. I'm so happy you got that gig.

    ReplyDelete